March 28, 2011

Poetry Corner

I was perusing some older poetry I'd written (back in high school!) And I thought I'd share with you some of them. I'll try to post Poetry once a week... if someone can think up a nice alliterative title for me that'd be awesome... the only thing I'm coming up with is "Metrical Composition Monday," which I'll go with if need be, but it's a little bit awkward...

Anyway, first poem installment:



Welcome to my Hideaway 3-24-97

High upon a mountain peak,
Beside a rushing stream,
Chinked with mud, a roof that leaks,
The house of my own dreams.

Where only eagles fly,
On a mountain’s lonely peak,
Able to touch the sky,
And with animals alone, to speak.

This beautiful little cabin,
Nestled in a nook,
And only I and the mountain,
Know just where to look.

From all else as if not there
Life goes on below, all well,
While only a few might dare,
To find my secret "Rivendell."


~Jenelle Schmidt

1 comment:

NanJ said...

Ah! I suppose if the "real Rivendell" isn't close by and handy, the next best thing is to create my own.
:-)
I like this one!